Wednesday, February 23, 2005

We all see death before our eyes

Polish artist, Zdzislaw Beksinski found murdered.
Multiple stab wounds

"We all see death before our eyes," Beksinski said at a recent opening of his work

Odd Nerdum, Giger, and Beksinski are the only modern painters that when I first saw their work,I saw my nightmares. As if they had propped up an easel in my dreams, voyeuristic, surrealstic.

With my computer being down, I had been planning a return to oils. Just last week I was studying Beksinki's work. Owing a lot to Friedrich, Dhurmer, and Knopff yet being subtle and original.

Not many people know of Beksinki's work, so here is a mini gallery. I remember many of these dreams, perhaps you do too.

Click for larger version

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: