Sunday, October 24, 2004

Well a lot of time has passed, But here is my final say on this year's DragonCon.
The best part of D*C is being with friends.
Riding with a friend in the forever roadtrip, taking out the random shoe on the road, Seeing guys sing Bon Jovi songs at truck stops, chatting up the rest stop maintenance men, getting so car crazy, that even a gas station attendant asking if you have gas is more hilarious than a Simpson episode.
Or seeing another friend who convinces you to participate in crazy Star Wars events and even a Buffy prom night. Having fun you never thought could be possible.
Carol, Sherry, Jeff and Elizabeth thanks. DragonCon won't be the same in the future without you guys. Just maybe I might convince you to go again.

Speaking of Jeff here is a plug for his new documentary, InkSwell. It's his slant on the current world of Indy comics . It features interviews with Evan Dorkin (Milk and Cheese, Dork), Bob Burden (Flaming Carrot, Mystery Men) and James Kochalka (Monkey vs. Robot) click FADproductions for more information.

So be careful what you write to Neil Gaiman it might end up on his blog. Yeah that's me sounding like some gothic Richmond travel guide on his Saturday, October 23 journal entry

I have a lot on my plate lately so expect several updates in the coming days.
My entry in to the Conceptart.org Thunderdome contest I will show here first, A step by step look into my submission to an art director, The unveiling of my Oz and Genesis projects and a first look of my paper models opening my online store of goodies.

In the meantime here is a look at a label I created for a Halloween display in Carytown. The vintage clothing store Bygones has a window display of a gypsy fortune teller and I created three labels for the potions and elixirs that surround her.
I'll post the other two before Halloween.

No comments: